Your cart is currently empty!
How To Choose Your Flagpole
Purchasing a flagpole can be frustrating as well as confusing. We are here to help you through the process. Feel free to call us with your questions and concerns. If you reach voice mail, please leave a message. We will always return your call quickly.
There are 2 types of aluminum and Fiberglass flagpoles. Residential and Commercial
Residential and commercial. Commercial-grade flagpoles are designed for both business as well as residential use. These are far more durable than most residential flagpoles. Commercial flagpoles will last decades. Now, something new! We now offer two USA built Telescoping flagpoles that closely rank with the commercial grades. They are the Titan and TelePole brands. Both have the strength to fly 3 flags with an inexpensive adaptor kit and will take 95 mph winds. We also have added a wide range of quality seamless USA made ZEUS Fiberglass flagpoles. They include residential, commercial and Nautical styles.
MOST RESIDENTIAL FLAGPOLES can be aluminum, fiberglass, one piece, sectional or telescoping and range in height from 6 feet to 35 feet. Almost 99% of the Big Store flagpoles are 16 gauge Sectional or Telescoping and foreign made. Most foreign flagpoles have no warranty and no wind ratings. We do not recommend them.
The sectional flagpole sections are coupled by means of a swaged (Tapered) end that fits into the larger end of the next section. Some use tapered sections that resemble a commercial flagpole. The pole thickness is measured in gauge. The larger the gauge number the thinner the tubular wall thickness. The absolute minimum to look for is 14 gauge. The thickest is an Concord American made 8 gauge pole or about 1/4″ thick. Fiberglass flagpoles are measured by wind strength and not thickness. Most foreign residential flagpoles will not withstand 20 MPH wind gusts while flying a flag or 25 MPH without a flag. Tele-Pole has just introduced 9 new commercial grade sectional flagpoles made in America. They are 11 and 10 gauge and available in 3 heights and 2 diameters, 2.4″ and 2.75″ including total lengths of 17’, 23’ and 28’. They feature a 15 year warranty covering even weather damage. If a section bends it will be replaced with only shipping charges to the owner.
THE COMMERCIAL-GRADE FLAGPOLES BOTH ALUMINUM and FIBERGLASS are generally single-section but taller aluminum models over 35′, may have 2 or even 3 sections. Both Aluminum and fiberglass are available in two different operating systems. Least costly is the external rope and most popular. The other is an internal rope system operated with a cam cleat or the more deluxe, a winch and crank assembly. All are tapered from the base end to the top. The smallest is 3 inches at the base narrowing to less than 2 inches at the top. The thinnest has a 1/8th inch sidewall thickness which is about an 8 gauge flagpole. These flagpoles are too long to be shipped by FedEx or UPS. A trucking company will handle the delivery which is the reason for the higher flagpole costs. In all cases the shipping on the web site or eBay is included in the price for the lower 48 States. eBay must charge sales tax on most US states. We are obligated to collect sales tax only for Virginia sales. These flagpoles, more expensive than a residential flagpole but will withstand up to 250 MPH hurricane force winds and will be the last flagpole you will ever need. All are made in the USA and ours carry a lifetime shaft warranty.
COMMERCIAL GRADE ALUMINUM FLAGPOLE FINISHES WILL EFFECT PRICE. HERE ARE THE FOUR AVAILABLE FINISHES.
1. Satin. Base price finish. Smooth but not glossy as is the anodized finish.
2. Clear Anodized is a very smooth finish applied to the Satin option.
3. Bronze/Black Anodized. Smooth finish available in several degrees of bronze tone. This is the top of the line finish.
4. Powder coat. Unlike the anodized, this is applied on top of the flagpole surface. Many rainbow colors available.
Anodizing your flagpole results in the finish becoming part of the flagpole metal and not just a laid on process. Anodizing makes your flagpole pretty much impervious to weather and salty seaside installations.
Our Fiberglass flagpoles are available in 4 different colors at no additional charge.
TELESCOPING FLAGPOLES offer some convenience and flexibility over most sectionals or commercial. There are two built in the USA by the TITAN and Tele-Pole companies. The Titans have a proven track record, carry a great lifetime warranty and boast a 95+ MPH wind rating. The Tele-Pole is not wind rated. It is a 10 gauge with up to a 3 ½” base diameter. The Titan is a 12 gauge flagpole with a 3″ base on the 20′ and 25′ poles. The 15′ Titan has a 2.5″ base and is 14 gauge. If you can’t quite see your way clear to purchase a one piece flagpole, these two telescoping flagpoles are most certainly a VERY close second!! Both are great flagpoles! Both Titan and Telepoles can be easily converted to a rope system. The Telepoles can be converted into a NAUTICAL flagpole with a conversion kit at any time. Telepole offers a 15 year factory warranty.
Benefits of a Fiberglass Flagpole:
- Easy to install
- UV & salt resistant coating – dual part polyurea aliphatic paint system
- Finish does not pit or stain even when exposed to landscape materials like mulch
- Corrosion resistant
- Superior strength to weight ratio provided by layered construction of materials
- Excellent structural strength when compared to wood, metal alloys, and others.
- Available in a variety of standard colors; white, black, bronze, Faux-Luminum & Dynamic Bronze
- Custom colors are also available upon request
- Our unique manufacturing process allows for custom projects
- Sound absorbing properties: perfect for homeowners, schools, office buildings, hospitals and anywhere you do not want that annoying pinging sound of the flag snaps
- Easy to Clean & virtually maintenance free
- Best warranty in the fiberglass flagpole industry – with 50 years of experience to back it, the makers of Zeus flagpoles confidently offers the best fiberglass flagpole warranty. Reference our warranty page for more details.
- Hand-crafted in Fitzwilliam, NH. These are not machine made or mass produced providing you exceptional quality and attention to detail
- Available in sizes 15’ – 100’ to suit your location.
- Available in different series that are windspeed specific to complement your location.
- Fiberglass is not harmful to the environment, it can be repurposed into other usable items or recycled
FLAG SIZE will be another factor you must consider. The flag height should not exceed 25 percent of the flagpole height. For example, a 4′ X 6′ flag would be safe on a sturdy 20′ 12 gauge flagpole. It will look balanced and not endanger the flagpole. A flag too large, over 3X5′, will bring a 16 gauge residential flagpole to the ground in a hurry even with a 10 to 15 mph wind gust. Please remember that most foreign residential flagpoles carry no warranty at all.
Thank you for your interest! Please contact me with any questions.
Have a Great Day
Leave a Reply